With the recent occurrence and high prevalence rate of Covid 2019 in Kenya having recorded over 32 thousand cases in August 22nd.
I wish to retaliate what front line soldiers and policy makers need to put in place to ensure those individuals with disabilities and those who are acquiring a disability in this period are well taken care of and granted the best of serf=vices.
The Kenyan health workers should
- Know about people’s rights
- Protect people’s rights
People should get the health care they need during coronavirus.
Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities is a law that protects the rights of people with disability around the world.
The Convention is called the CRPD for short.
The CRPD says discrimination is never ok. CRPD says people with disability
- Have the same rights as other people
- Must be respected
The CRPD says people with disability have the right to
- Be included in their community
- Make their own decisions and
During a pandemic some rights are very important.
- The right to life
- Good health and health care
- Information like Easy Read.
- People with disabilities deserve to get treatment and medication just like other persons.
People with disability have the right to make choices about their health.
This includes having support to make choices. Supports include
- Aids like a cane or wheelchair
- Support workers or family
People disability have the right to communicate how they choose.
- Kenyan sign language
- Easy Read